Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a student at the U of Minnesota, in music performance. Hopefully, I only have 2 more years, but one never can tell. I created this blog to be a chronicle of my adventures and misadventures in knitting. I recently started knitting, and the finished objects are beginning to pile up. This blog will be a place for me to record my progress, through photos and writing about my knitting.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

*Throws hands up in frustration*

GAHHHHH!
(breathes in deeply)
Okay... so I am SOOOO close to being done with my capelet from Wrap Style. This is the arrowhead lace top down capelet by Ms. Budd. It has gone rather smoothly, and I have been so pleased with how it has turned out. However...
A loose end somehow became too loose, and I lost some stitches... I fixed it a bit, so that the mistake is not as visible- and yet, I don't think I feel comfortable leaving it as is. I think- since I know I will wear this everywhere after I finish it- that I ought to frog the bit, and redo it, since it is such a nice lace pattern. I know that I would regret it if I didn't do it right. But ugh... I also just want to finish it! Its in a lovely color of red, "Spice" in my favorite worsted weight wool, Lamb's Pride. The mohair adds such a fuzzy warmth, and it looks lovely with the arrowhead stitch pattern. I need to finish it so I will be able to wear it as I gleefully deliver christmas cookies to everyone I know! I'll look just like little red riding hood! Whoopie!
And now, to fix that stupid glitch... grumble....
autumn's daughter

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

The "error" might not be as bad as you think. It will stand out to you because you know where the error is. Most people will probably not be able to detect a small error.

If looking at it really bothers you, you'll probably feel better if you rip it.

You may want to take a day or two away from the project. Then go back to it to see if the area really bothers you. If so, definitely make the changes.

It does seem that after knitting a project it can almost feel like defeat to have to rip it apart. In reality, when an error really bothers us, we normally feel better when we fix it.

The yarn sounds like a really pretty color!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi there autumn's daughter, I was just browsing, looking for how to knit related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a how to knit site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

11:57 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

I found your blog through the KR list...I agree with Kimberly...let it sit for a while. And then, if you must rip, do it all at once. I find that I hate frogging things but once I do I am proud of myself for doing 'the right thing'. How silly...

10:38 AM  
Blogger yarn_nut said...

Oh... post a picture of your finished project. Can't wait to see it.

Like wenders I found your blog thru KR . Do you have a fav LYS? I visit Minneapolis a few times a year because my SO's family is there.

Gail

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home